Protecting personal information and respecting personal privacy are very important to DJF. This policy applies to all of The Connected One’s information practices and to all of its business operations, products, and services, including: the digital publications published by DJF Enterprise Inc., including The Connected One, PR In Canada and Profectio; conferences and other events produced by DJF Enterprise Inc.
Personal information will not be collected and stored by DJF, electronically or otherwise, without the knowledge and consent of the individual to whom it relates.
The purpose of collecting personal information is to be expressly stated by DJF whenever solicited, and is not to be used for purposes other than those stated.
Personal information obtained by DJF is not to be shared with third parties, unless the consent of the person to whom the personal information applies is obtained beforehand.
Information which DJF treats as personal includes the following:
- Credit card information;
- Responses to validation questions asked for circulation audit purposes, such as year of birth or parent’s first name;
- Home address and contact information, unless identified to DJF as being business address and contact information;
- Mobile telephone numbers; and
- Responses to opinion surveys, except to the extent that these are stated to be “for the record” and for publication.
- Information which DJF does not treat as personal for the purposes of this policy includes the following:
Business title of the individual;
Individual’s business function (e.g. sales, marketing, creative, engineering);
Name of the organization with which the individual is affiliated at the time that the information is obtained;
Industry sector and sub-sector describing the organization’s activity;
Business mailing address;
Business telephone numbers;
Website address of the organization or individual; and
Photos or videos of the individual.
To access or change your personal information, or for any matters pertaining to privacy of personal information, please contact DJF:
Personal information collected from Our Websites is always collected on a secure web server using 128-bit encryption.
Personal information is safeguarded on DJF’s servers. Access to the personal information on DJF’s servers is protected by the use of a security system, a firewall, passwords, and in some cases encryption.