About the Role
Are you an experienced sales professional with a strong network of agency and brand direct relationships? Are you passionate about developing impactful influencer marketing strategies for lifestyle focused brands? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity on the Kin Canada team that will provide you an opportunity to be a part of a high achieving group, changing the influencer marketing space in Canada.
The Integrated Marketing Strategist, will be responsible for developing innovative, multi-platform integrated marketing programs for advertisers to drive revenue for Kin Community Canada. Additionally, you will be responsible for proactively seeking new accounts and opportunities, generating client proposals and delivering presentations, and being the account lead on post-sale launch initiatives.
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow for RFP response by leading strategy, creative ideation, sales packaging and proposal submissions
- Create and pitch 360-degree multi-platform marketing campaigns for brands, including custom video and social media content with paid amplification leveraging Kin’s content creators
- Liaise with the planning, buying, strategy and content teams at both the brand and agency level to create and maintain relationships with decision makers at all levels within territory
- Generate new RFP opportunities through meetings and constant correspondence with key accounts
- Cold-call/email and evangelize Kin to advertisers unfamiliar with Kin and its offerings
- Successfully facilitate client presentations to gather information that lead to opportunities
- Work closely with the Corus Entertainment Tempo, digital & so.da teams to ideate successful multi-platform campaigns that include content across broadcast, digital and social properties
- In partnership with the project management & production team, guide campaign execution process including generating/reviewing production agreements, facilitating billing/invoicing set up, participating in kickoff calls, and providing general client support from beginning to end of each campaign
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 2-4 years of sales and marketing experience in a related industry
- Established track record of closing business
- In-depth knowledge of the social content marketplace and thorough understanding of cross-platform advertising
- Proven ability to develop and implement creative, strategic, revenue driving marketing initiatives from conception to completion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to pitch complex integrated video advertising solutions to top decision makers in person, via email or in a video call
- Capable of generating comprehensive media plans to suit individual client needs by leveraging critical thinking skills
- Ability to create and maintain relationships between client and agency teams, amidst an ever-changing media planning and buying landscape
- An understanding of Project or Production Management workflow
- Strong comfort with PowerPoint and Excel
- Self-motivated, persistent strategic closer with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented
- A team player willing to assist the sales team as projects arise
If You Have the Following… We Want to Hear From You!
- Unparalleled ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks assigned in any given day
- A passion for the influencer and social content space
- Exceptional emotional intelligence: poise, maturity and level-headedness when dealing with challenging negotiations and talent dynamics
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to develop intriguing alternative solutions and an and understanding of the “Yes, and…” approach to understanding a client’s needs
- Excellent communicator, capable of representing Kin at public forums
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external partners
- A ‘big picture’ perspective, yet willing to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A positive and optimistic attitude
- Always operating from the highest levels of integrity, this person is trustworthy, capable of maintaining confidentiality and conducts their business consistent with the highest ethical standards.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit can60.dayforcehcm.com.