Welcome to the 2021 Black Excellence Awards you can nominate organizations who has taking steps to fight systematic racism.
- The goal is to showcase and reward the companies who they are and what they do to help elevate equality.
- Deadline for submitting: February 28, 2021 by 11:59 PM ET.
Be part of the change.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Black Excellence Awards
The Connected One is helping to recognize the talented workforce and companies who support this change as part of our Inaugural Black Excellence Awards.
The awards will recognize people across the marketing and public relations industries who excelled to be at at the top of their game. We will also recognize agencies and brands that are delivering on their promise to embrace a more diverse workplace.
Any organization who has taken steps to fight systematic racism.
Companies are evaluated based on a point system, based on the country of the entering company. (1)
Your award entry will be evaluated and will earn points based on the following criteria:
- 1 - to an organization when they communicate internally about a change to their diversity policies
- 1 - making an organizational contribution to the community to grow/ support diversity
- 2 - to an organization when they communicate externally their diversity policies
- 5 - organization who hires someone below director (management) level
- 10 - organization who hires someone above director (management) level
(1) Company ABC will be treated as a separate entry from Company ABC Canada
We will announce the panel of judges shortly. If you are interesting in supporting the Black Excellence Awards as a judge simply apply below:
- Valuable exposure
A positive side-effect of being nominated and entering the awards is the additional exposure for their personal brand. A number of influential and noteworthy people who may be key players within your industry, sector or region will become aware of you and your accomplishments. Standing out during the awards process bring additional benefits.
- Marketing and promotion
With the business environment so competitive today, you need to do more to stand out from the competition. By participating in or even winning The Black Excellence awards people will now get a sense of your knowledge and hard work in the industry and be more receptive to working with you in the future.
- Employee motivation
Awards recognize the hard work and achievements of your employees so winning one can help boost staff morale and improve motivation.
- Entries will be ranked and scored based their accumulate points.
Check each awards competition for entry fees. Only once you have paid for an entry is it considered final and officially entered and cannot be changed.
Payment can be done via PayPal or Square, fees are submitted based on your country of origin. If you need to pay via cheque or bank draft contact us for details.